Thursday, February 18, 2010

This week in the world of sports

Am I the only one who is completely uninterested in the Winter Olympics? Care to tell me your reasons?

I watched the European Champions League quarterfinals this week. Arsenal is still one of my favorite teams, but I have to look at the game against Porto in this context-they played down to their opponents and got caught napping. http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=248deedb-4040-48d9-94b7-c653a598d2f1&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_articles

Arsenal right now reminds me the old Montreal Expos baseball team; prepetually tremendous young talent, but a team that cannot put it all together over the course of a season to win it all. They remain interesting because of their young guys, but they ultimatley will break your heart because the very thing that makes them intriguing (their youth) is what makes them underachievers (their inexperience.)

I hope the two words that Tiger says on Friday during his press announcement is "I'm back" and not "I'm sorry." He owes no except his wife an explanantion, and all of these phonies in the media harping on this story, they do not deserve to see him humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment